I made a... cute cactus doorstop #WIP

He has a hat! Someone mentioned that his mouth looked like a little Mexican moustache, so we got him a tiny sombrero to complete the look. His base still needs some work.


He has a face! The black parts were cut from a dyed black leather strap, and the edges tidied up afterwards with a black permanent marker. I drew on the white markings with a paint pen. I can't decide whether the mouth looks like a mouth, or like a moustache, but either way it's adorable. 


In a cardboard box, stuffed with paper to keep it upright. I first sewed the fabric cover inside out, then turned it the right way out, stuffed the cactus 'arm' with cotton wool, and pulled the whole thing down over the bottle. 

A suspicious-looking, work-in-progress shot. It's a filled water bottle (for weight) wrapped in thin towels to fill out the gaps and give it a more uniform shape. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I made a... repaired fridge

I (we) made a... pineapple art thing